In 2003 the Horse Industry Profile and Economic Impact Survey was commissioned by the Horse Industry Association of Alberta to develop a profile of the horse industry and to assess selected economic components within the industry.
The survey can be viewed or downloaded in its entirety or in segments. Printed copies are no longer available.
If you prefer to view or download parts of the survey instead of the whole document, choose from these links:
- Why & How it was Completed, Who Participated
- Respondent Participation in Industry
- Alberta Horse Population
- Economics of the Industry
- Marketing - Purchasing Preferences
- Breeding & Disposition
- Health Issues
- Feed and Pasture Management
- Environmental Issues
- Industry Trends
- Horse Industry Association of Alberta & Horse Industry Section of Alberta Agriculture
- General Comments & Observations