The Horse Industry Association of Alberta is proud to present an annual award in recognition of an outstanding individual who has provided a significant contribution toward the continued development of the equine industry within Alberta.
The award will be provided to the nominee that has had the greatest impact in the growth and development of the equine industry in Alberta in one or more of the following areas: breeding, manufacturing, facilities, organization, education, auction sales, export sales, training people and equines, or communication.
Anyone can provide a nomination, which must include:
- Nominee's name, address, phone number
- Background information on nominee
- Contributions to industry under the following categories: entrepreneurship, leadership, education or other
- Describe how the Alberta equine industry has benefited from the contributions
- How well known is the nominee through the industry
- Outline the time frame of the influence, including the future
- 3 letters of reference addressing the 4 areas of evaluation: Significance of accomplishments (40%), Public benefit (30%), Industry credibility (20%), Potential for continued contributions (10%)
The recipient is recognized at the annual Alberta Horse Conference in Red Deer each January.
Deadline for nominations is November 15, 2016.
Please forward all nominations to:
Horse Industry Association of Alberta
Attn: Lianne Knechtel
97 East Lake Ramp NE
Airdrie AB T4A 0C3